Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta is a quick and easy one pot dinner you can make in your pressure cooker in about 30 minutes. If you like Tex-Mex flavors, you’ll love this creamy, cheesy enchilada pasta recipe!
Can’t decide what to make for dinner tonight? Are you torn between Mexican food and pasta? Can’t deal with dishes tonight? You guys, you are going to love this easy one pot pressure cooker chicken enchilada pasta!
If you know me, you know how much I love making one dish dinners. So, I’ve been working to convert my regular one pot dinner recipes into one pot Instant Pot recipes. It’s a tough job, but someone has to do it, right?!
One pan creamy chicken enchilada pasta is one of our favorite dinners, and it wasn’t hard to make it in the pressure cooker. The only real difference is the amount of ingredients and the cooking method. Usually when I make one pot dinners in a skillet, I use less pasta because it there’s not a lot of room. Since I have an 8-quart electric pressure cooker, that’s definitely not an issue!
This is a super easy recipe, and you can throw it all together in just a few minutes. Just cut up your chicken, and cook it in the Instant Pot until no longer pink. Waiting until the pot is hot to add the oil and chicken definitely helps keep the meat from sticking.
If you do have any meat stuck to the pot, just deglaze with a little water or chicken broth before adding the remaining ingredients.
Then, you add the rest of the ingredients, and pressure cook it for 4 minutes. I like to do a gradual quick release when I make pasta in the Instant Pot. It just keeps liquid from spurting out everywhere.
I also add a cup of cream to the pasta after it cooks. This makes it a little creamier and helps cut down on the heat since not everyone in the family can handle the spice.
Then, you stir in some shredded cheese, and you are ready to enjoy this creamy, cheesy chicken enchilada pasta!
You can add your favorite enchilada toppings for extra flavor. I like to serve it with homemade guac or avocados, tomatoes, and sour cream — and maybe even a few crushed tortilla chips on the top for added texture.
Looking for More Instant Pot Pasta Recipes?
- Instant Pot Creamy Shells and Beef
- Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meat Sauce
- Creamy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
You can see all of my pressure cooker recipes under the Instant Pot tab on the main page!
Recipe for Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta
Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 thin boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onions
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1` 1 pound box mini penne pasta
- 3 cups water
- 1 10-ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Hit SAUTEE on Instant Pot, and when it reads HOT, add olive oil evenly over bottom of pot
- Add chicken, and cook until no longer pink, stirring frequently so that chicken doesn't stick. Add sea salt, onions, cumin, garlic powder and pepper, and stir to evenly coat chicken.
- Press Cancel, then add pasta, water and enchilada sauce
- Cover, turn vent to sealing position, and hit PRESSURE COOK for 4 minutes
- When pot beeps, hit CANCEL, do a gradual quick release, and when pin drops, open lid, and stir.
- Stir in cream, then gradually stir in cheese until melted and well combined
- Serve, and top with diced tomatoes, sour cream, guacamole and extra cheese, if desired
My family loves this Instant Pot chicken enchilada pasta for dinner or a weekend lunch. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!