Instant Pot Honey Mustard Curry Chicken is a delicious quick and easy dinner made in the pressure cooker in about 30 minutes. This recipe requires minimal prep, uses only a few simple ingredients and is mild enough for the whole family. It’s also picky eater approved!
If you’re looking for a quick and easy Instant Pot chicken recipe, you have to try this honey mustard curry chicken. It’s so delicious and so simple — practically a dump and go Instant Pot recipe. Just make the sauce, pour it over the chicken, and cook!
The original recipe for honey curry chicken calls for baking the chicken in the oven, and it’s oh, so good! Then, why bother making honey curry chicken in the pressure cooker? Well, maybe you’re obsessed with making dinner in your Instant Pot.
Or, maybe you don’t want to use the oven. Maybe you live in the desert like I do, and it’s too dang hot to turn the oven on. It’s springtime in the desert, you guys, and that means the days of baking are coming to an end. But you can still enjoy this delicious chicken dinner if you cook it in the Instant Pot!
Like I said, this is one of the easiest Instant Pot recipes out there, and it’s super, super simple. Just make the sauce, and add the chicken and some dried minced onions to the pressure cooker. I like to use a little olive oil on the bottom to help keep the honey from sticking.
Then, pour some water and the sauce over the chicken, and let the pressure cooker go to work. Easy peasy, right?
I did some experimenting, and I found that a half cup of water works well here. One cup is too much, and a quarter cup is not enough. I got the burn message when I tried this, although the chicken turned out fine.
But since I don’t want you to get the burn message, go with one half cup of water. When the chicken is done, you can turn the pot to saute, and the sauce will thicken up. It won’t be very thick, just thick enough and so good!
Seriously, you guys, the sauce is amazing! You’ll want to drink it right up — trust me!
How spicy is this recipe?
It’s not spicy at all. I use Simply Balanced Organic Curry Powder, and it’s very mild. It also makes your house smell amazing! You can use any curry powder here, though.
What if I don’t like mustard?
The Dijon mustard is slightly sweet and tangy, and when you mix it with honey, you can’t really taste the mustard.
What do I serve with Instant Pot Honey Mustard Curry Chicken?
- Jasmine rice or any rice
- Mashed potaotes
- Peas, broccoli or your favorite veggies
Looking for more Instant Pot Chicken Recipes?
- Instant Pot Salsa Verde Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- Instant Pot Whole Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
Recipe for Instant Pot Honey Mustard Curry Chicken
Instant Pot Honey Mustard Curry Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onions
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup water
- Whisk together the melted butter, honey, mustard, sea salt and curry powder in a small mixing bowl until blended
- Pour the olive oil into the pressure cooker so that it coats the pot
- Place chicken breasts in pressure cooker, and sprinkle with dried minced onions
- Pour water over and around the chicken, and pour the honey mustard mixture on the chicken
- Place lid on Instant Pot, set valve to sealing position, the hit PRESSURE COOK for 10 minutes
- Allow a 10 minute natural release, then turn valve to venting position, and hit CANCEL. When pin drops, open lid, and remove chicken to a platter, and cover to keep warm.
- Hit SAUTE and simmer until sauce thickens. Cut or shred chicken slightly, and pour sauce over chicken after serving.
Thisi easy Instant Pot honey mustard curry chicken is one of our favorite chicken dinners. I hope you like it as much as we do!