Instant Pot Pizza Pasta is a super quick and easy dinner made with penne pasta, sausage, pepperoni and lots of cheese. Done in 30 minutes and kid approved!
Instant Pot pizza pasta is loaded with Italian sausage, sliced pepperoni and lots of mozzarella cheese. I made this the other night for my kids, and it’s now one of their favorite Instant Pot recipes. If you’re looking for an easy kid friendly dinner, this pizza pasta casserole recipe is for you!
I used to make this pizza pasta bake in the oven, and I even made a one pan pepperoni pizza pasta on the stove. Both of those are delicious, but of course, I wanted to make pizza pasta in my Instant Pot!
This is such an easy recipe, and it’s budget friendly. You can also change it up to suit your own tastes. Skip the sausage or pepperoni, add peppers and olives — whatever works for you and your family!
Can you cook pasta in the Instant Pot?
Yes! It’s super easy to make pasta in the Instant Pot. I make pasta in the pressure cooker all the time. In fact, one of my most popular recipes is Instant Pot creamy shells and beef.
Basically, you want to cook pasta in the Instant Pot for about half of the lowest time recommended on the box. I usually cook pasta for 4 to 5 minutes, tops.
How to make pizza pasta in the Instant Pot
Start off by browning the Italian sausage on the saute setting. Make sure to check the bottom of the pot to make sure no browned bits are stuck. If so, you’ll want to take a little bit of the water and deglaze the pot.
Next, add your pasta over the sausage. I used mezze penne here, but you can use regular pasta or just about any thick pasta for this recipe.
Pour the water over and around the pasta, and then add your marinara sauce or pizza sauce on top. You can spread the sauce over the pasta, but don’t stir it.
Next, add the Italian seasoning, and pressure cook it!
Stir in about half of the pepperoni and most of the mozzarella. Then, top with remaining mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices — just like a pizza! Place the cover back on the Instant Pot for about 5 minutes to help the cheese melt.
You can add some shredded Parmesan cheese if you want. Then, you’re ready to dig right in. This is one Instant Pot pasta recipe that’s perfect for cheese lovers and kids of all ages!
More easy Instant Pot pasta recipes
- Instant Pot Pasta and Meatballs
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Creamy Sausage and Shells
Instant Pot Pizza Pasta Recipe
Instant Pot Pizza Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound Italian sausage ground
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 3 cups water
- 24 ounces marinara sauce or pizza sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 cup pepperoni thinly sliced divided
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- .5 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Hit SAUTE button on Instant Pot, and when it reads Hot, add olive oil and sausage
- Cook sausage until brown, breaking it up and stirring frequently
- Deglaze bottom of pot, if necessary, using a little bit of of the water, so that no sausage is stuck to bottom of pot
- Hit CANCEL, then pour penne pasta over cooked sausage, and pour water over and around pasta
- Pour marinara sauce on top of pasta, add Italian Seasoning, and spread out so that most of pasta is covered, but do not stir
- Place lid on pot, turn valve to Sealing position, and hit PRESSURE COOK for 4 minutes
- Pot will take a few minutes to reach pressure, then begin counting down and cook. When pot beeps, do a quick release by turning valve to Venting
- When pin drops, carefully remove lid, and stir pasta. Keep pot on KEEP WARM mode, and stir in half of the pepperoni and 2 cups of mozzarella cheese until well blended
- Top pasta with remaining cup of mozzarella and remaining pepperoni slices. Place lid on pot for about 5 minutes to allow cheese to melt
- Top with shredded Parmesan cheese, and serve
I hope you enjoy this easy cheesy Instant Pot pizza pasta recipe as much as we do!