This post is sponsored by Eckrich Smoked Sausage. I have been compensated for the post, but opinions are completely my own.
Instant Pot Smoked Sausage Mac and Cheese recipe is a quick and easy homemade dinner that’s perfect for busy days. Just add the ingredients and cook!
Now that the kids are back in school, life is even busier than ever. Since I’m exhausted by the end of the day, I’m all about quick and easy dinner recipes, like this easy Instant Pot Smoked Sausage Mac and Cheese!
This is one of the easiest, simplest Instant Pot recipes you can make because there is hardly any prep work involved. And because you’re using smoked sausage, there’s no need to pre-cook the meat, which is a huge timesaver!
Eckrich Smoked Sausage is naturally hardwood smoked for a delicious flavor that goes with just about anything, including this creamy macaroni and cheese recipe. Mix them together, and you’ve got a quick, delicious dinner the whole family will love!
You can find Eckrich Smoked Sausage in the deli section of your local grocer.
How to make Instant Pot smoked sausage mac and cheese
When I make plain Instant Pot Mac and Cheese, I like to use several kinds of cheese for more flavor, but for this one, I kept everything simple. You get plenty of extra flavor from the smoked sausage.
Just cut the smoked sausage into pieces roughly ½ in thick and place them in the pressure cooker.
Next, add the pasta, spices and water, and cook the mac and cheese for 4 minutes.
Stir in some butter, shredded cheese, cream and a little Dijon mustard, and mix well. The mustard adds an extra pop of flavor that goes well with the smokiness of the sausage. It’s not overpowering, but if you’re not a mustard fan, you can leave it out.
And that’s it! You’ve got an easy, kid friendly dinner in about 30 minutes — quicker than takeout and healthier, too!
Recipe for Instant Pot Smoked Sausage Mac and Cheese
Instant Pot Smoked Sausage Mac and CheesePrint Pin Rate
- 1 Rope Eckrich Smoked Sausage sliced
- 1 16-ounce box macaroni pasta
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter sliced into smaller pieces
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups shredded Colby jack cheese
- Place the smoked sausage slices in the Instant Pot
- Add the macaroni over the sausage
- Add the sea salt, garlic powder and pepper over the pasta
- Pour water around the sides and over the pasta
- Cover with lid, turn vent to Sealing position, and hit PRESSURE COOK for 4 minutes
- Pot will take time to pressurize, then begin counting down at 4 minutes
- After cook time, do a gradual quick release
- After pin drops, open lid, add butter, cream, mustard, and gradually add cheese, stirring well until completely blended
I hope you enjoy this creamy, cheesy Instant Pot homemade mac and cheese with smoked sausage as much as we do!
This post was sponsored by Eckrich Smoked Sausage.