Instant Pot Kielbasa Mac and Cheese recipe is a quick and easy dinner made with pasta and smoked sausage slices. Just add the ingredients and cook!
This mac and cheese is one of the easiest, simplest Instant Pot recipes you can make because there is hardly any prep work involved. And because you’re using smoked sausage, there’s no need to pre-cook the meat, which is a huge timesaver!
I grew up on kielbasa recipes. I truly love the stuff!
How to Make Instant Pot Smoked Sausage Mac and Cheese
When I make plain Instant Pot Mac and Cheese, I like to use several kinds of cheese for more flavor, but for this one, I kept everything simple. You get plenty of extra flavor from the smoked sausage.
Just cut the smoked sausage into pieces roughly ½ in thick and place them in the pressure cooker.
I sometimes use 2 ropes of kielbasa for a meatier mac and cheese. You can use 1 or 2 without changing anything else.
Next, add the pasta, spices and water. Don't stir just yet.
Add a few pats of butter. Then, you cook the mac and sausage for 4 minutes.
After cooking, you can add more butter for a super creamy mac and cheese. Or, you just add shredded cheese, cream and a little Dijon mustard.
Now, you can stir everything together until it's all mixed well. The mustard adds an extra pop of flavor that goes well with the smokiness of the sausage.
It’s not overpowering. But if you’re not a mustard fan, you can leave it out.
And that’s it! You’ve got an easy, kid friendly dinner in about 30 minutes -- quicker than takeout and healthier, too!
This post was originally published as sponsored by Eckrich Smoked Sausage in 2018 but has been updated with new pictures and recipe information in 2020.
Instant Pot Kielbasa Mac and Cheese Recipe
Instant Pot Smoked Sausage Mac and Cheese
- 1 rope Kielbasa or Smoked Sausage sliced Can use 2 ropes for more meat
- 1 16-ounce box macaroni pasta
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons butter sliced into smaller pieces
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups shredded Colby jack cheese
- Place the smoked sausage slices in the Instant Pot
- Add the macaroni over the sausage
- Add the sea salt, garlic powder and pepper over the pasta
- Pour water around the sides and over the pasta, and add butter
- Cover with lid, turn vent to Sealing position, and hit PRESSURE COOK for 4 minutes
- Pot will take time to pressurize, then begin counting down at 4 minutes
- After cook time, do a gradual quick release
- After pin drops, open lid, add cream, mustard, and gradually add cheese, stirring well until completely blended