Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Meatballs with pineapple and peppers are super easy to make in the pressure cooker and perfect for a quick dinner or appetizer.
These tangy sweet and sour meatballs are one of the easiest Instant Pot recipes you can make and need very little prep work. And, you only need a few pantry staples to make them!
Usually, I'm cooking both lunch and dinner for the whole family, so I'm all about quick and easy recipes right now. You can relate, right?!
Not only are these meatballs easy to make, but they only take 5 minutes of active cooking in the Instant Pot. The longest part is waiting for the pot to reach pressure!
Did I mention how good they are? Serve these sweet and tangy meatballs over Instant Pot Jasmine Rice and maybe a side salad, and you've got a delicious dinner that's definitely kid approved!
How to Make Sweet & Sour Meatballs in the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
I love using frozen meatballs for convenience -- Italian style is fine. When I make pasta and meatballs, cranberry orange meatballs or grape jelly meatballs in the Instant Pot, I start out with frozen.
You can use homemade meatballs if you want. Just be sure to cook them first for this recipe.
All you do is place the meatballs in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Then, add the rest of the ingredients on top.
Don't stir everything yet. You can stir the ingredients after pressure cooking.
Frozen food usually takes a little longer to reach pressure in the Instant Pot. But after that, the meatballs take just 5 minutes to cook.
Add some bell pepper slices and cook on saute mode. This keeps them from getting too soft!
Make a quick cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce. It's not necessary, but it makes the sauce silky smooth and thick enough to stick to the meatballs.
This recipe is very easy to double. Just add more meatballs and ingredients for the sauce.
Sweet and Sour Meatballs in the Crock-Pot
Don't have a pressure cooker? Just add the frozen meatballs and sauce ingredients to your slow cooker.
Cook on high for 2 hours or low for 4. Add peppers and thicken with a slurry if necessary. Easy peasy.
Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Meatballs Recipe
Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Add the frozen meatballs to the Instant Pot, then add the pineapple chunks, water, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar and onions. Do not stir
- Place lid on pressure cooker, make sure valve is at sealing position, and hit PRESSURE COOK for 5 minutes
- Pot will take a few minutes to pressurize, then count down and cook. When pot beeps, quick release pressure
- When pin drops, carefully open lid, and stir. Hit CANCEL, then hit SAUTE and stir in pepper chunks
- Make the slurry by stirring together cornstarch and water. Stir into bubbling liquid, and allow to thicken
- Hit CANCEL, and serve or hit KEEP WARM until ready to serve