No Bake Cheesecake with Cool Whip is an easy no bake cheesecake recipe with cream cheese, sugar and Cool Whip. The perfect dessert to share at family gatherings, holidays or summer cookouts!
No Bake Cheesecake with Cool Whip is an easy no bake dessert that has been around forever. My grandma used to make this classic no bake recipe for dessert!
Unlike traditional cheesecakes, this easy cheesecake recipe comes together in minutes with a handful of ingredients and is ready to serve in just a few hours. No water bath, no special springform pan, no fuss!
This delicious cheesecake is the perfect make ahead dessert for special occasions, especially family gatherings and holiday dinners. And since this easy recipe does not go into the oven, this simple cheesecake is the perfect summer dessert!
Love cheesecake recipes? Try my cherry cheesecake dip, Reese's peanut butter cheesecake dip, mini cheesecakes and more easy dessert recipes, including Instant Pot cheesecake recipes in my recipe archives.
You only need a few simple ingredients for this no bake cherry cheesecake recipe. They should be easy to find in your grocery store.
- Cream cheese -- 8-oz full fat cream cheese for the cream cheese filling works best, and room temperature cream cheese is easiest to work with. I use Philadelphia cream cheese.
- Sugar -- granulated sugar for sweetness
- Vanilla extract -- adds a touch of vanilla flavor
- Cool Whip -- or any non dairy whipped topping, thawed
- Graham cracker crust -- I use a 10-inch no bake graham cracker crust for convenience, but you can make your own crust with crushed graham crackers.
- Can of Cherry pie filling -- for the cherry topping. You can use your favorite fresh fruit or canned pie filling.
How to Make No Bake Cheesecake
Just add the softened cream cheese to a large bowl, and beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until smooth and creamy.
Then, add the sugar and vanilla extract.
Next, fold in the Cool Whip using a rubber spatula.
Don't use the hand mixer for this part, as the creamy filling may break down.
Finally, spoon the cheesecake filling into the pie crust. Smooth the top with the spatula so that it is nice and even.
How to Store No Bake Cheesecake
Refrigerate the cheesecake for 3 hours or until the no bake cheesecake filling is set and firm enough to cut. Store leftover cheesecake in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
You can make the dessert ahead of time and freeze until you are ready to serve it. Just wrap in plastic wrap and aluminum foil or a freezer safe container and freeze for up to 3 months for best results.
Easy Cheesecake Topping Ideas
Cherry pie filling is my favorite topping for cheesecake. You can use your favorite fruit pie filling -- Blueberry pie filling, lemon curd and strawberry pie filling are also great choices.
Either spread the fruit on top of the cheesecake before serving or spoon over individual slices for a cleaner look.
Fresh berries, like fresh strawberries or fresh blueberries, raspberries or other fresh fruit, like peach slices also work well.
Tips for the Best No Bake Cheesecake
Use room temperature cream cheese for easy mixing and extra creamy cheesecake.
Fold in the Cool Whip with a spatula -- never use a mixer for this part.
Allow 3-4 hours for the cheesecake filling to completely set before slicing. For clean slicing, wipe the knife with a napkin after each slice.
If using pie filling, refrigerate the filling before using so it doesn't warm up the cheesecake.
You can freeze the cheesecake to make it set faster. It should be firm enough to slice after an hour or 2.
Be sure refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 3-4 hours or more before slicing. Also, measure the ingredients carefully, and use the exact amounts called for in the recipe. If you double ingredients, it will take longer.
The cheesecake is ready when you can easily slice it without falling apart. If you can make a clean cut, it's ready to serve.
No Bake Cheesecake with Cool Whip
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- 8 oz Cool Whip thawed
- 1 prepared graham cracker pie crust
- 21 oz cherry pie filling
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with a hand mixer until creamy
- Add in the vanilla extract and beat until well combined
- Add in the sugar and cream together until fully combined and all lumps are gone
- Fold in the whipped topping with a spatula
- Add the cream cheese mixture into the prepared graham cracker pie crust and spread evenly
- Refrigerate cheesecake for 4 hours or until firm enough to cut
- Top cheesecake with cherry pie filling before serving
Nutrition information is estimated. Please do your own calculation to fit special diets.
I hope you enjoy this Cool Whip cheesecake recipe as much as my whole family does. It turns out perfect every time!
If you make this delicious dessert, please leave a star rating and/or comment. For more easy recipes and no bake desserts with Cool Whip, sign up for the weekly newsletter and follow on social media.