One Pot Turkey Noodle Casserole is a quick and easy recipe made with leftover turkey, pasta and no cream soup! Comfort food in less than 30 minutes!
Its been a little while since I made a one pot dinner recipe. But, after I posted my Instant Pot Turkey Noodle Casserole, a few of you wrote to ask for an easy turkey casserole made on the stove. So, here it is — One Pot Turkey Noodle Casserole made with leftover turkey!
I guess you can never have too many easy leftover turkey recipes, especially after Thanksgiving. And as much as I love my Instant Pot, it’s just as easy to make this leftover turkey casserole on the stove. So really, do whatever works best for you.
This turkey noodle casserole is made with just a few simple ingredients — you probably have most of them in your pantry. You can also add your favorite seasonings or different pasta or cheese.
The goal is to use what you have and use up leftovers in a quick and easy dinner. After all, you probably want a break from cooking after the holidays!
How to make leftover turkey casserole
Just add your leftover turkey to a pot or skillet. Then, add some noodles, broth or water, and throw in some seasonings and frozen veggies. I used egg noodles in this casserole, but you can add your favorite pasta.
When I make pasta in the pressure cooker, I use a whole box, but you need less if you’re using a skillet or small pot. If you have turkey broth, use it, but you can also use chicken broth or water.
Egg noodles cook fast, so when they’re getting soft, stir in some cream, and let everything hang out for a little bit. The liquid will start to thicken, and then, you can add some cheese. I used a combo of Parmesan and mozzarella, but you can use your favorite here — and add more if you want!
I added a little fresh parsley to brighten the casserole up, but it’s optional. And, that’s all there is to it! My family said this turkey noodle casserole is one of the best leftover turkey recipes ever — no matter how you make it!
What else can be made with leftover turkey?
Easy Turkey Noodle Casserole Recipe
One Pot Turkey Noodle Casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cooked turkey
- 4 cups egg noodles
- 3 cups chicken broth or water
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onions
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence seasoning
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Add the olive oil and turkey to a large pot, and heat until warm on medium heat.
- Add egg noodles, spices and broth, and heat over medium high heat until just boiling. Cover, and cook for about 5 minutes or until noodles start to get soft
- Reduce heat to medium, stir in heavy cream, and cook until liquid starts to reduce and thicken and noodles are cooked, stirring occasionally
- Sir in cheese, and top with fresh parsley, if desired. Serve immediately
I hope you enjoy this easy leftover one pot turkey noodle casserole recipe as much as we do!