Baked Eggnog Donuts are super easy to make with 3 basic ingredients. Top them with a simple glaze and serve for Christmas breakfast or brunch. It's a delicious way to use up leftover eggnog!
My oldest daughter made these for breakfast over the weekend, and they are simply amazing. If you like eggnog as much as we do, you're going to love this recipe for easy eggnog donuts!
Best of all, you only need 3 main ingredients to make them:
- Cake mix
- Powdered sugar
- Optional -- We added a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
How to Make Glazed Eggnog Donuts
Mix the eggnog and cake mix together in a mixing bowl. You can use yellow or white cake mix in this recipe. Spiced cake mix would be good if you can find it!
The batter is thick, but this is normal.
Next, spoon the batter into a piping bag or a ziptop bag. Cut off the end of the bag, and squeeze the batter into a donut pan.
You can spoon the batter into the donut pan if you want. But, the piping method is way easier!
The donuts take 10 minutes to bake. While they're baking, you can mix the glaze.
When they're cool enough to remove from the pan, dip the donuts into the glaze. Holiday sprinkles are optional, but so pretty!
No need to go to your favorite donut shop this year. Just whip up a batch of these easy baked eggnog donuts with eggnog glaze.
They're soft, fluffy and so dang good! Serve them for Christmas morning breakfast or enjoy anytime during the holiday season.
May contain affiliate links. See disclosure for more information.
Baked Eggnog Donuts
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup eggnog
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg optional
- dash cinnamon optional
- 2½ cups powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons eggnog
- dash nutmeg optional
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Combine cake mix and eggnog until batter is thick
- Put batter into piping bag or ziptop bag, and pipe into greased donut pan
- Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Donuts should spring back when pressed
- Remove donuts from oven and let them sit for 5 minutes
- Transfer the donuts to cooling rack and let them cool completely
- Prepare glaze by mixing powdered sugar and eggnog until well combined in a mixing bowl
- Dunk tops of donuts into glaze, and place back on cooling rack until glaze firms up. If using sprinkles, add them before glaze cools