Make Easy Air Fryer Donuts with a can of biscuit dough in just 5 minutes! This quick breakfast recipe works with basket and oven style air fryers!
These cinnamon sugar biscuit dough donuts are definitely one of the easiest air fryer recipes ever! If you happen to have an insatiable donut craving, you can whip these semi homemade donuts up in about 5 minutes!
I actually made donuts in my Instant Pot Vortex Plus air fryer oven just to see if it would work. I had some canned biscuit dough leftover after making breakfast sandwiches, so I had to give it a try.
Bottom line — Yes, you CAN turn canned biscuits into donuts. They are not the same as actual fried donuts, but they do come close! My picky kids approved!
How to Make Donuts in the Air Fryer from Grands Biscuit Dough
You will need just 4 ingredients, plus a small round cookie cutter, medicine cup or shot glass, for this super easy donut recipe:
- 1 can of large biscuits, like Pillsbury Grands (We liked the flaky layers best)
Open the can, and separate the biscuits into 8 rounds. If you’re using the flaky layered variety, you can try pulling those apart for even thinner donuts.
Use the cookie cutter to cut the center out of the biscuit. Save the centers to make donut holes!
Place the donuts on the air fryer tray or in the basket. I recommend cooking 4 donuts at a time so that they brown evenly.
Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees — use the air fryer setting for best results. Next, place the donuts into the air fryer, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
How Long to Cook the Donuts
I found 5 minutes was perfect for the larger flaky biscuit dough and other varieties. You’ll need to turn them over about halfway through cooking.
The smaller donut holes took about 4 minutes to cook in the air fryer. These are fun to snack on, so I munched on these and let the kiddoes have the larger donuts!
When the donuts are done, brush some melted butter on them. Then, sprinkle a mix of sugar and cinnamon all over.
And, that’s all there is to making air fryer donuts! They’re light, fluffy and taste a lot like old fashioned cinnamon sugar donuts.
What Biscuit Dough Works Best?
We preferred the texture of the flaky layered biscuits. They were lighter and fluffier than the regular Grands and tasted more like actual fried donuts.
But, any variety of large biscuit dough will work here. So, if you’re looking for a quick and easy breakfast treat, give these a try. You can also make a glaze or use frosting if you want a different flavor.
Pin Image to Save the Recipe
Easy Air Fryer Donuts Recipe
Easy Air Fryer Donuts
- 1 can biscuit dough I used Pillsbury Grands flaky layers
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Separate the biscuit dough into 8 pieces
- Use a small round cookie cutter to cut holes in the center of the biscuits
- Place the donuts on the air fryer tray or in a basket, and preheat air fryer to 350 degrees
- Cook donuts for 5 minutes, flipping about halfway through, or until golden brown and cooked through. Repeat process until all donuts and donut holes are cooked (donut holes cook in about 4 minutes)
- Brush donuts with melted butter, and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture, then serve immediately
More Easy Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
If you like this recipe as much as we do, leave a comment or give me a shout-out on social media! Sign up to receive weekly recipes by email!