Homemade No Churn Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream is loaded with creamy peanut butter and mini peanut butter cups. It’s an easy frozen summer dessert that you can make without an ice cream maker!
This no-churn ice cream recipe is perfect for peanut butter lovers. It’s got ribbons of creamy peanut butter mixed in with a velvety smooth chocolate base and bits of mini peanut butter candies. If you like this classic flavor combo, you’ll love this homemade ice cream!
My daughter is a huge fan of chocolate peanut butter candy, aka Reese’s. She loves it so much that we even buy her a bag of assorted Reese’s candies for her birthday and Christmas! So, this recipe for no churn ice cream was completely her idea.
She pretty much whipped this up on her own. I just took the pictures, and wrote the post, which was actually a nice change!
What does no churn ice cream mean?
There’s no need for an ice cream machine and no churning involved. You don’t even need to use salt.
How do you make ice cream without an ice cream maker?
You start off with a basic recipe for no churn ice cream, which uses just 2 ingredients — heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk. Just beat the cream until it turns into whipped cream, and then add the sweetened condensed milk.
Add your favorite flavors and mix-ins, freeze it, and you’ll have soft, custard-like ice cream in a few hours!
My daughter served this no churn chocolate peanut butter ice cream for dessert straight up in a bowl, but you can add more toppings, or serve it in a cone or use it to make ice cream sandwiches. Whatever floats your boat or keeps you cool.
Once you start eating this frozen treat, you may not be able to stop. It’s that good.
And I think ice cream tastes even better when your kids make it for you!
Looking for more no churn ice cream recipes?
Recipe for No Churn Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
No Churn Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 14- oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup mini chocolate peanut butter candies halved and quartered
- Dash of cinnamon optional
- In a chilled mixing bowl, whisk the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Place in refrigerator.
- In a separate bowl, heat the peanut butter in the microwave until it turns to a thick liquid, and allow to cool slightly.
- In another bowl, whisk half the peanut butter with the cocoa powder and condensed milk until fully incorporated.
- Gently fold the chilled whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture, then fold in the quartered mini peanut butter cups.
- Pour mixture into a shallow baking dish, and spread evenly throughout pan.
- Drizzle remaining peanut butter on top, and cut into the mixture with a knife.
- Add the remaining peanut butter cups on top.
This was originally published in 2015 and has been updated.
I hope you get a chance to try this easy no churn chocolate peanut butter ice cream soon.