Easy Instant Pot Creamy Lasagna Soup is loaded with Italian sausage, ground beef and pasta in a creamy tomato broth. Lasagna in a bowl in under 30 minutes!
When I first made this Instant Pot lasagna soup for my family, my kids told me it was the best soup recipe ever! Honestly, I kid you not. And if my picky eaters love it, you’ll definitely want to add this easy lasagna soup to your list of easy Instant Pot recipes to try!
Lasagna soup is really like your favorite lasagna recipe served in a bowl. It’s rich, meaty, cheesy and oh, so delicious! It’s also an incredibly easy Instant Pot soup recipe, and it’s much, much faster than making traditional lasagna.
I could seriously go on and on about how incredible this pressure cooker lasagna soup is. It’s kind of a cross between our favorite Instant Pot creamy shells and beef and Instant Pot creamy sausage and shells, which are two of my family’s favorite easy dinner recipes.
But don’t just take my word for it, you guys. You really need to make this quick and easy dinner recipe and see for yourself!
How do you make Lasagna Soup in the Instant Pot?
I make the soup pretty much like I make regular lasagna. Start out by browning a mix of Italian sausage and lean ground beef. Then, add some spices and diced onions.
I usually don’t need to drain any grease, but you can do this if you want — before you add the spices.
Next, add a carton of low sodium beef broth, a can of crushed tomatoes and some broken up lasagna noodles. Don’t stir it — just add everything on top.
How long does soup take to cook in the Instant Pot?
It depends on what kind of soup you’re making. But for lasagna soup, the meat is already cooked, so you just have to heat it up.
Cook the lasagna soup for just 5 minutes, and let it release naturally for 5 minutes. Then, release the remaining pressure, and give it a good stir.
When I make lasagna, I use a layer of creamy white sauce, like a béchamel, instead of ricotta cheese. I saw Valerie Bertinelli make lasagna this way, and I just love it so much more than the usual. So, I add some heavy cream to the soup, which gives it a rich, creamy texture that tastes amazing!
Top the soup with a mix of shredded Parm and mozzarella or whatever you want, really. The cheese melts right into the soup, and it’s just pure comfort food heaven!
So, if you want the awesomeness of lasagna without all of the work, make this Instant Pot lasagna soup, instead. It’s a quick and easy Instant Pot dinner that even picky eaters love!
More easy Instant Pot soup recipes
Instant Pot Creamy Lasagna Soup Recipe
Instant Pot Creamy Lasagna Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 32-ounce carton low sodium beef broth
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 5 lasagna noodles broken up
- 1 cup heavy cream
- shredded Parmesan and mozzarella cheese for topping
- Press SAUTE on the Instant Pot, and when it reads Hot, add the olive oil, ground beef and Italian sausage
- Break up meat with a spatula or wooden spoon, add onions, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper, and cook until no longer pink, stirring continuously
- Hit CANCEL, then add beef broth, and deglaze with spatula to remove any browned bits, if necessary.
- Pour in crushed tomatoes, but do NOT stir. Then, add Italian seasoning and place broken lasagna noodles on top
- Place lid on pressure cooker, turn vent to Sealing position, and hit PRESSURE COOK for 5 minutes
- Pot will take several minutes to reach pressure, then start counting down and cook for 5 minutes. After pot beeps, allow a 5 minute natural release, then turn knob to venting to quick release remaining pressurer
- When pin drops, remove lid, and stir. Then, gradually stir in heavy cream and mix until well combined
- Serve topped with shredded mozzarella and Parmesan cheese
I hope you enjoy this easy Instant Pot creamy lasagna soup as much as we do!