Instant Pot Meatballs and Sauce is a quick and easy recipe for frozen meatballs cooked in spaghetti sauce without pasta. Use for subs or as an appetizer!
This super easy Instant Pot recipe is perfect when you want a "dump and start" dinner without any prep work. It's also easy on the budget and very kid friendly!
I love making baked meatballs from scratch. But, in a pinch, you can't go wrong with frozen meatballs.
If you want an easy one pot dinner, try Instant Pot Pasta and Meatballs or Sweet and Sour Meatballs over jasmine rice. For appetizers, check out Instant Pot Grape Jelly Meatballs and Cranberry Orange Meatballs -- perfect for the Holiday season!
How to Cook Frozen Meatballs and Sauce in the Pressure Cooker
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot in this recipe, but you can use an 8 quart or larger. You'll just need to add more water.
Add a little olive oil to the bottom of the inner liner. It's not totally necessary, but it does help prevent the sauce from sticking.
Then, pour the water into the pot. Next, add your meatballs.
Pour the spaghetti sauce over the meatballs, but don't stir. I used our favorite jarred sauce, but you can use homemade spaghetti sauce if you have it!
You can also throw in some seasoning for extra flavor. We added garlic powder, Italian seasoning and some red pepper flakes.
How Long to Cook Meatballs in Sauce
It only takes 5 minutes to cook meatballs in the Instant Pot! Note, that these are frozen precooked meatballs. You can use fresh homemade meatballs for the same time as long as they have been browned first.
The pot does take longer to reach pressure when you're cooking frozen food. So, even though the cook time is only 5 minutes, it may take 15 minutes to come to pressure.
We love making meatball subs! Just lightly toast some rolls, add mozzarella or provolone cheese and the meatballs, and broil until the cheese melts.
So good! It's perfect for game day or an easy dinner. Of course, you can just enjoy the meatballs and sauce on their own, as well!
May contain affiliate links. See disclosure for more information.
Instant Pot Meatballs and Sauce Recipe
Instant Pot Meatballs and Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 36 frozen meatballs precooked
- ½ cup water
- 28 ounces spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder optional
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning optional
- pinch red pepper flakes optional
- Add the olive oil to the Instant Pot liner
- Pour in the water, and add the meatballs
- Add the spaghetti sauce, garlic powder, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes (if using) Do NOT Stir
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, make sure seal is in venting position, and hit PRESSURE COOK for 5 minutes
- Pot will take a few minutes to reach pressure, then will cook for 5 minutes
- When pot beeps, turn vent to release pressure. When pin drops, carefully remove lid, and stir meatballs. Serve immediately or leave on KEEP WARM until ready to eat
For reference, I use either Kirkland brand or Cooked Perfect frozen meatballs and Rao's or Barilla sauce.