Fried Kielbasa, Potatoes and Peppers is a super easy one pan dinner recipe made with smoked sausage, baby creamer potatoes, colorful bell peppers and onions. Simple and delicious!
Kielbasa with potatoes and peppers is one of my absolute favorite kielbasa recipes to make for dinner. It’s simple, budget friendly comfort food, and it’s an incredibly easy recipe to make.
Growing up, we had Polish sausage and fried potatoes often, but my mom always made them separately. I changed the recipe up by adding bell peppers for extra flavor and color.
I also cook the sausage and potatoes all in one skillet. I mean, why dirty another pan when you don’t have to?!
How to Make Fried Kielbasa with Potatoes and Peppers
Add your cut-up onions and potatoes to a non-stick skillet along with some butter and olive oil. The butter adds amazing flavor to the potatoes and onions, and the olive oil helps prevent the butter from burning.
You don’t want temperature too high — Keep your burner on medium to medium-high heat, and stir frequently.
When the potatoes start to soften up, add the sliced kielbasa and some salt, pepper and garlic powder. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the potatoes are crispy on the outside and fork tender.
We like our peppers on the crisp side, so I add them in last. When they’re done, you’re done!
You can throw in some shredded Parm or your favorite cheese on top, but we think this kielbasa sausage dinner is perfect just as it is. My kids love this quick and easy dinner, and there are never any leftovers!
Is Kielbasa Different from Smoked Sausage?
Kielbasa is Polish sausage that is typically smoked but doesn’t have to be. You can use smoked sausage from any brand in this recipe.
What Potatoes are Best for Frying
Russets or Yukon Gold potatoes are perfect for frying with kielbasa. You get a crispy outside and a creamy inside. I prefer Yukon Gold or the smaller baby variety because you don’t have to peel them!
More Quick and Easy Kielbasa Recipes
- Fried Kielbasa and Cabbage
- Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage Dinner
- Haluski with Kielbasa
- Creamy Kielbasa Pasta
- Baked Pierogies and Kielbasa
- Kielbasa Sauerkraut Sliders
- Instant Pot Smoked Sausage Mac and Cheese
Pin Image to Save the Recipe
Kielbasa Potatoes and Peppers Recipe
Kielbasa, Potatoes and Peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 pound Yukon Gold baby potatoes washed and sliced into quarters
- 1 rope kielbasa sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 bell peppers 1 red and 1 orange, chopped
- In a large non-stick skillet, melt butter and olive oil, and add the cut potatoes and onions
- Cook over medium to medium high heat, stirring frequently, until potatoes begin to soften
- Add the sliced kielbasa, sea salt, pepper and garlic powder, and cook until heated through and brown on the outside, stirring frequently
- When potatoes are crisp on the outside and fork tender, stir in the peppers, and cook until tender but still firm