Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Salad made with pressure cooker chicken breasts is cool, crunchy, creamy and slightly spicy. Perfect for sandwiches and wraps!
Whether you’re looking for new Instant Pot recipes or craving a new twist on traditional chicken salad, this kicked-up spicy Buffalo chicken salad is for you! Loaded with carrots and celery in a creamy ranch dressing, it’s like your favorite game day appetizer in salad form.
Chicken salad is one of our favorite easy dinners, especially in the summer. I usually make Lemon Chicken Salad with Apples, using baked chicken breasts or Instant Pot chicken breasts. But, I was seriously craving some Buffalo Chicken, so I made Buffalo chicken salad, instead.
You don’t need a pressure cooker for this recipe, but pressure cooking the chicken in hot sauce really helps to infuse it with flavor. Besides, I love trying out new Instant Pot chicken breast recipes!
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Salad in the Pressure Cooker
Start out by pressure cooking the chicken breasts in hot sauce with a little butter and water. The water helps to thin out the hot sauce a little to avoid getting the burn notice.
After pressure cooking, chop the chicken up into bite-sized pieces. Then, add it to a mixing bowl, and throw in some chopped celery and matchstick carrots.
I like to add some of the cooking liquid, which is basically cooked Buffalo sauce, back to the chicken. Then, stir in some ranch dressing to make it cool and creamy.
Your mileage may vary with the dressing. I usually add around a cup, but you can add more or less to reach the desired consistency.
You can also add more hot sauce directly from the bottle if you want spicier chicken salad. This recipe is super easy to customize!
You can serve the chicken salad over lettuce or make lettuce wraps or chicken salad wraps. It’s good on slider buns, too!
Don’t forget to pin the recipe!
More Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Recipes
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Wonton Cups
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Salad
For the Buffalo Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Buffalo sauce or hot chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
For the Chicken Salad
- 1/2 cup cooking liquid
- 1 cup chopped celery 2 or 3 stalks
- 1 cup matchstick carrots roughly chopped
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- additional hot sauce to taste
- Place the chicken breasts into the inner Instant Pot, and add the Buffalo Sauce, butter and water. Do not stir
- Place the lid on the pressure cooker, turn vent to Sealing position, and hit PRESSURE COOK for 10 minutes
- Pot will take a few minutes to reach pressure then will begin counting down and cook
- When pot beeps, allow a 10 minute natural release, then quickly release remaining pressure
- When pin drops, carefully open lid, and remove chicken to a large platter
- Slice chicken into large cubes, and place in a large mixing bowl, along with about 1/2 cup of the Buffalo sauce cooking liquid
- Add chopped celery and carrots, and mix in the ranch dressing until well combined
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. You can add more ranch or extra Buffalo sauce before serving
I hope you enjoy this easy chicken salad recipe as much as we do!